Two weeks ago, I asked the question “was Superwoman in charge of my calendar or me?”
Have you ever scheduled in a time to meditate [or insert something that you really want to do here] and when it gets to that time you either override it with something ‘more important’
you do it, but in Superwoman mode?
When Superwoman meditates, she sits there, a million and one things rushing through her mind.
- Massive list of things to do.
- Rant about someone who is frustrating or hurtful.
- Remembering something for the shopping list.
- Oh, I forgot to send the £30 to that person!
Meditation is over.
Oh right, jumps up and immediately hits the ground running again.
If that’s you, don’t worry. It’s so easy to slip into Superwoman. We all do it from time to time.
Superwoman is fine for 15 minutes in an emergency but many of us are living in her for weeks, months, even years (in my case).
If you resonate with Superwoman, she is driven by fear. Ask yourself what is driving you to control everything, not take a break, work evenings and weekends?
Fear can look different to everyone.
- Will you lose your job?
- Are you good enough?
- Do you know enough?
- People are out to get you.
- People will judge and criticise you.
- Must be the best.
Take a moment to reflect and hit reply. I would love to hear in your own words what fear drives your Superwoman?
PS Superwoman doesn’t make us more effective or a better communicator. In fact, she is a hindrance. If you want to retire Superwoman and step into a more powerful style of leadership, take the first step with a Breakthrough Call. I have three sessions remaining between now and Christmas. Take advantage at half price for £67. FIND OUT MORE.
PPS A Breakthrough call has 3 parts. It is designed to look at how you got to this very point in your life and map out intentions for your future and the first actions steps to get you there.
- Women’s Leadership Profile to look at areas of your leadership that you are excelling in and home in on areas which need some attention and will make the biggest impact for you when transformed.
- A 1hr 1:1 coaching session designed to look at your career and any personal challenges from multiple different perspectives. With a new found clarity, map out a series of 3-5 aspirational intentions for your future broken down into the very first steps you can take within 2 weeks to move you closer to those goals. Your action plan will be supported by NLP, coaching and leadership-based tools to help you integrate the actions with ease.
- A 45-minute Accountability Call two weeks after your session to go through those actions, look at things that went well and add further distinctions and also uncover any blocks to your progression. During this session we will also map out the next set of steps.